Here is how I used Evernote when I am actively job hunting:
- I have a tag called Job which I use on all the notes related to my search for a new position
- When I do a search on a specific company I web clip the relevant pages and tag it with Job and or the name of the company if I have many notes on the company.
- I log on a note all the activities with an entry per day: phone called done, e-mail received and sent, etc.
- I also web clip the job postings I find interesting. Then I can use a link to those notes in my log to easily find them.
- After each interview I record an audio clip straight into the iPhone Evernote app of my impressions.
- All my up to date resumes are in Evernote. Very easy to mail it to someone right from my phone if needed. Same for my letters to go with the resume.
- Picture of all the business cards from the people I met with a note about the meeting with this person. OCR takes care of the rest.
Until the next time happy evernoting !