I am happy to announce a new date for the 5th Paris Evernote Meetup I am organizing.
When: September 13th 6:30pm
Where: La Pépinière 27 – 27 rue du Chemin Vert, 75011 Paris – Métros Bastille ou Bréguet-Sabin.
Thursday September 13th 6:30pm – 9:00pm
27 Rue du Chemin Vert, 75011 Paris
Whether your are a veteran evernoter or just intrigued and interested by the tool, those meetups are for you. Just bring your questions and share your experience.
+ Meetup introduction + Evernote for beginners (by Pierre @pjournel)
+ Round table introduction (all)
+ Review of the news from the Evernote Trunk Conference from AUgust 24th in San Francisco (Pierre @pjournel and François @fdruel)
+ SmartPen Livescribe demo (Didier @didtwit)
+ Questions/answers/discussion (all)
Looking forward to see you there.
To do a search only on the titles of your notes, use the following syntax in the search field:
Example: a search on the word “twitter”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 2:12 — 2.1MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
It is possible to install Evernote on MacOS 10.5.8.
As stated in the Evernote forum post referenced below, if you want to install the Evernote desktop software you have get the dmg file from the link below.
You will NOT find this link on the official Evernote download page. It is because of an official policy from Apple.
That’s the version I am using intensively every day on my 6 year old trusty MacBook.
Evernote forum post about MacOS 10.5.8:
MacOS 10.5.8 Evernote download link
Until the next time, happy evernoting!
Here’s a master list of all the use cases I have for Evernote in my everyday life.
Last update: 27/08/12
Job hunt (see episode #007)
- Log of all actions: calls, e-mail, meetings, etc …
- Storage of the most interesting ads
- Information about the company I meet
- My CV in Word
- My cover letters
- Debrief on the spot recorded in audio with the iPhone as soon as I get out of an interview
- Pic of the notes taken during a call, I make a picture and then tagged in Evernote
- Business cards photo indexed via OCR so they become searchable
- Storage of important e-mails for future reference
Production of podcast and blogging
- Blog post prepared in Evernote and copy/pasted when ready to be published
- Shownotes for the podcasts I produce
- All information: log of contacts, interview questions, etc …
- Atists bios or articles found during the preparation of the interviews
- Episodes in MP3 format when less than 50Mb, for archiving purpose
- Archiving of the raw audio files of the interviews
Information for reference (GTD reference material)
- Photo of restaurant where you go: facade, menu, dish. My personal Gault Millault!
- Photo of wine bottle labels I have the opportunity to drink with comment. Identifies good quality / price ratio.
- Archives of old personal web pages
- Testing various materials found on the Net: guitars, effects, running shoes, gadgets, etc …
- e-mail to keep
- PDF manuals (eg, cameras, gadgets, etc …)
- The pictures of the covers of books I read with comments
- The pictures of movie posters that I saw with commentary
- The pictures of posters of shows I’ve seen with commentary
- The photos of the posters I saw exhibitions with comment
- Selected photos taken with iPhone to keep these little moments of life.
- Short video shot with iPhone (eg a child who sings a song)
- Automatic backup of all my Instagram pics using an IFTTT recipe (see episode #004)
- Creating a written note for all the “funny words” from my kids (they love to review them once in a while)
- Audio or video recording of children’s song of my kids
Information related to the music and the guitar
- Guitar tabs found on the Net
- Chords grids
- Short videos recorded during the guitar course I have with a teacher
- Storage of classified ads for used guitar interesting reference prices, specs, etc …
Information related to running
- The courses of the marathons I ran or intend to run
- Documents enrollment in races
- Official timing web pages backup
- Pre-race check-list
- Up to date medical certificate
- Travel documents
- Bills of online purchases
- Photo ID, family book, medical certificate, etc …
- Photos of the opening hours of shops around my house
- Storage via photo or PDF electronic document administration: iPhone phone bill, etc …
- Photo pages of cookbooks or article
- Photo of final dish
- Note possible to complete the recipe: change, change of ingredient, appreciation, etc …
Work related stuff
- E-mail reference
- Reference information (intranet site, login information, etc.).
- Document management (assessments, etc.).
- Reference documents (PowerPoint presentation)
- Notes taken during a conference
- Note taking during meetings to keep track of what is said and decided
- Storage of classified ads
- Various documents required for getting the loan
- Official documents
- Ikea kitchen pictures for reference
- Photos of furniture with size and price info
- Quote of the artisans
- Backup of all my tweets with IFTTT (see episode #004) for all the Twitter accounts I manage
- Use of the Evernote desktop app internal search engine to find a previous tweet (works way faster than the Twitter search engine)
Question: how to automatically archive to Evernote any picture you tweet?
Answer: use ifttt.com
Ifttt recipe: http://ifttt.com/recipes/1430
Unfortunately it’s not possible anymore to use this recipe on IFTTT since Twitter changed the access to its API. You can still archive your Instagram pics using this IFTTT recipe : https://ifttt.com/recipes/89646
A fellow evernoter friend of mine sent me this very interesting blog post from www.40tech.com describing a GTD implementation using one Evernote notebook.
Getting Things Done (GTD) in Evernote with Only One Notebook
I like the way the author puts everything in Evernote while keeping it very organised. I am a big fan of GTD and we will talk about it in upcoming episodes.
Until then take a look at this article and let me know what you think.