TEC #035 – BitQwik presented by Robert, its developer

TEC #035 – BitQwik presented by Robert, its developer

Hello,

Robert Oschler, developer of BitQwik, presents in this episode what can be done with his great free Windows tool to do powerful search easily on your Evernote account.

Yes you can do similar search using the syntax provided by Evernote but it can be difficult to master so having a tool like BitQwik might just be the solution.

bitqwik-enter-query bitqwik-search-results-preview-2a

bitqwik-evernote-client-2

As Robert says himself on his website : “Unlock the power of Evernote’s rich set of search operators for finding notes with BitQwik!  You can filter search results by the date created or modified, by file type such as PDF files and more, by the tags used or the source application that created the note, and many, many, other useful ways.”

Until the next time, happy evernoting,

Pierre.

15 Comments

• Thank YOU Robert for providing such a great tool to the community.

Pierre.

1. Kudos to Robert and BitQwik for offering a solution that brings the power of Evernote to the next level. This fills a major void.

2. Hi Robert – nice to put a voice to the software. Is it me or do you seem taller on the podcast..

Just a quick line to say I’m a happy Evernote and BitQwik user – as you say it’s possible to do very complex searches in Evernote, but despite being a longtime user I haven’t been especially creative in searches, mainly because it’s easy to make mistakes in long strings of commands unless you refer back to the grammar carefully while creating it. BitQwik definitely makes life much easier.

I’m also a very happy Elephant Channel listener – it’s helping me get more out of Evernote and I’m always keen to hear new tips. Also good to put faces to Evernoters since I’m based in the UK and don’t get to gatherings.

• Thanks for your kind words about The Elephant Channel, I appreciate.

Pierre.

3. Pierre – thanks for this blog, it’s a gem! Robert – many thanks for BitQwik, I was getting close to giving up on Evernote because I couldn’t do the searches I wanted. In one of many internet searches for solutions others had found I came across BitQwik, and it’s now my constant Evernote assistant.

4. i’m also a big fan of this tool on W7 office machine. Robert is very reactive to bug/request_feature I sent to him while I was testing the app.
    I had a dream: having this app on MacOsx :)

5. I’m still learning to use this, it does make searches easier.

6. Yes, Evernote is powerful, but you first need to learn some complex search grammar terms. BitQwik gives better, easier searches in Evernote using plain English. BitQwik handles searches from the very basic to amazingly complex. The software helps both the new Evernote users and the seasoned power users.

I have been impressed with how quickly the developer (Robert Oschler) responds to user-requests for additional customization. Sometimes the request gets implemented the same day the request arrives. He started with Tag management and quickly expanded into Searches. Several of the searches cannot be accomplished inside Evernote, but can be done with BitQwik.

7. EN search is powerful but cumbersome. As such, I don’t do many complex searches (and I wrote a book about Evernote!) BitQwik makes search so much easier. And I agree with JBenson about the responsiveness of developer. Thx, Robert.

I’ve recommended BitQwik to all my subscribers and will feature it in the next edition of my book.

Pierre, your podcast is on my favorites on Stitcher. Keep up the good work.

• Thanks for your kind words David. I hope you will mention The Elephant Channel too on the next edition of your book. :-)

Pierre.

• I have a resource section and I certainly will. Adding it my Inbox now!

• Thanks.

Pierre.

8. Vowed to become more organized this year and started exploring Evernote in December. Wow! Found Bitquik and Robert who pointed me toward the Elephant Channel, and this is all coming together. I can finally find stuff and ditch my paper! Thank you. Thank you.

• Very happy to play a part in this big change.

Happy evernoting !